Carbon Monoxide

Carbon Monoxide: Take the Proper Steps to Detect

There are lots of potential gases that may be present in your home. Natural gas, radon, and gases and vapors released from household furnishings, carpeting, flooring and paints. But none are as dangerous as carbon monoxide.

Carbon monoxide is potentially a matter of life and death, so it should not be treated lightly. This toxic gas is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and initially non-irritating. A by-product of burnt fuel, carbon monoxide can filtrate its way into your home when the heat exchanger on a gas furnace cracks, allowing carbon monoxide to leak. Depending on how big the leak is and the circulation in a home, carbon monoxide can quickly be fatal, or it could cause symptoms that have been misdiagnosed as the flu, viral infections, and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other things.

It is important to not risk carbon monoxide poisoning. Here’s what you can do:

  1. If you don’t have a carbon monoxide detector in your home, call Teays Valley Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning in Hurricane to purchase one. Ask us about affordable WiFi carbon monoxide detectors like the Nest Protect.
  2. If you have a carbon monoxide detector, don’t forget to check the batteries on a regular basis. Testing should be done every three months, and the detector should be replaced every 3 to 5 years.
  3. If you hear the carbon monoxide detector alarm go off, or experience flu-like or other symptoms described above, ask your doctor to test for carbon monoxide poisoning.

Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be scary and with the proper steps your family can be protected from the hazardous gas. Get the protection you need and call Teays Valley Service Experts in Hurricane at 304-760-5088 to learn more.

Teays Valley Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning
3744 Teays Valley Road
Hurricane, West Virginia 25526

Phone: 304-760-5088
Email: teaysvalley@serviceexperts.com
License # WV49675