Spring is great for more than a few reasons: flowers are blooming, you can open windows for crisp air and your utility bill is usually at its most economical. That’s because you’re not relying on your heating or air.
But as temps begin to climb, so do your energy costs. Here are some ideas for saving energy in Hurricane and keeping bills down.
1. Schedule Seasonal AC Maintenance
Giving your air conditioning system a seasonal maintenance appointment can help it work more efficiently and trim costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep energy costs low.
If your air conditioning equipment has experienced better days, spring is a good time to replace it. The energy-saving features in newer AC systems is a big benefit for keeping your power charges down.
2. Start with Your Thermostat
There’s a straightforward way you can save up to 10% on heating and cooling costs. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Learning how to effectively schedule your thermostat is the best way to cut down on energy charges in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re in the house. Think about it this way, the smaller the difference between exterior temperatures and interior temperatures, the less expensive your cooling bill will be.
- When you’re out and about, set the thermostat to a lot higher temperature or shut it off. It doesn’t make sense to cool an empty house.
3. Try Other Approaches to Cool Your Home
You can turn to several other things to help keep your residence cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By turning on a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no loss in comfort. Have your fan turn counterclockwise during the summer, which forces cool air upward. This moves cool air more uniformly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly transforms into heat as it passes through windows. Keep your residence comfortable by closing blinds and curtains when you’re not sitting in sunny spaces.
4. Look Into Installing a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and immediately realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you fret about it the full day!
Smart thermostats figure out your routine and adjust the temp when you’re out to help you save on your bills. You can also set the conditions from anywhere with your phone.
These expert tips will all help keep summer energy bills less expensive. If you figure out it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation, give us a call at 304-760-5088 or contact us online. We’ll help you choose the correct solution for your house. And as usual, all our services are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.