4 Tips for Saving Energy in Hurricane This Summer
Spring is wonderful for more than a few reasons: flowers are blooming, you can crack windows for crisp air and your utility bill is generally at its most economical. That’s because you’re not relying on your heat or air.
But as mercury begins to rise, so do your energy costs. Here are a few ideas for saving energy in Hurricane and keeping costs down.
1. Book Seasonal AC Maintenance
Giving your air conditioning system a seasonal maintenance appointment can help it run more efficiently and cut down costs. Replacing your air filter will help keep utility costs low.
If your air conditioning equipment has experienced better days, spring is a good time to replace it. The energy-saving features in newer air conditioning systems is a big benefit for keeping your power bill down.
2. Start with Your Thermostat
There’s a straightforward way you can save up to 10% on home comfort costs. Just dial your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Learning how to effectively schedule your thermostat is the smartest way to cut down on energy bills in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Think about it this way, the smaller the difference between exterior temperatures and interior temperatures, the less expensive your cooling bill will be.
- When you’re out, set the thermostat to a significantly higher temperature or turn it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty house.
3. Take Advantage of Other Approaches to Cool Your House
You can turn to several other things to help keep your house comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By turning on a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no reduction in comfort. Have your fan move counterclockwise during the summer, which forces cool air upward. This distributes cool air more uniformly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly transforms into heat as it passes through windows. Keep your house comfortable by closing blinds and curtains when you’re not sitting in sunny spaces.
4. Look Into Installing a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and immediately realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you fret about it the full day!
Smart thermostats figure out your routine and adjust the temp when you’re out to help you save on your bills. You can also set the temperature from anywhere with your phone.
These pro ideas will all help keep summer energy bills less expensive. If you figure out it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation online. We’ll help you figure out the correct solution for your home. And as usual, all our services are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*