4 Tips for Saving Energy in Hurricane This Summer
Spring is nice for a couple reasons: flowers are blossoming, you can crack windows for fresh air and your utility bill is often at its most economical. That’s because you’re not turning on your furnace or air.
But as mercury begins to increase, so do your energy costs. Here are a couple of suggestions for saving energy in the U.S. and keeping costs lower.
1. Call for Yearly AC Maintenance
Giving your AC system a yearly maintenance appointment can help it operate more efficiently and lower costs. Changing out your air filter will help keep energy costs less expensive.
If your cooling equipment has experienced better days, spring is an excellent time to replace it. The energy-saving features in newer cooling systems is an obvious plus in keeping your energy bill down.
2. Turn Down Your Thermostat
There’s a simple way you can save up to 10% on HVAC charges. Just dial your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours during the day.
Figuring out how to efficiently use your thermostat is the best way to lower energy costs in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re around at home. Consider it this way, the smaller the difference between outside temperatures and inside temperatures, the cheaper your air conditioning expense will be.
- When you’re out, set the thermostat to a lot higher temperature or turn it off. You shouldn’t have to cool an empty home.
3. Take Advantage of Other Ways to Cool Your House
You can turn to a few other things to help keep your residence comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By starting a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan turn counterclockwise when it’s warm out, which pushes cool air upward. This moves cool air more equally when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it moves through windows. Keep your house more comfortable by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny areas.
4. Think About Getting a Smart Thermostat
You’re out of the house and abruptly realize you neglected to turn up the thermostat. Then you worry about it the full day!
Smart thermostats figure out your habits and change the temp when you’re not around to help you save on your bills. You can also set the temperature from anywhere with your phone.
These expert tips will all help keep summer energy charges less expensive. If you decide it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation online. We’ll help you choose the correct solution for your space. And as always, all our services are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
How to Choose a Good HVAC System
When considering keeping your home comfortable during every season, nothing is more essential than selecting the right heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system. This determination impacts your daily comfort, monthly utility bills and overall home efficiency. Then again, with so many... Continue reading
Year-End HVAC Maintenance List
Now that the air starts to get cold, you know it’s time to get your home ready for the cooler months ahead. Your heating system is key to maintaining a cozy, warm atmosphere. A well-maintained furnace provides the comfort you crave while using less energy. Scheduled inspections also make your... Continue reading
HVAC Trends: What’s New in 2024
In the continuously changing world of home HVAC, keeping up with the newest HVAC trends is imperative for homeowners seeking to enhance their home’s comfort and efficiency. Going into 2024, the HVAC industry continues to innovate, bringing cutting-edge technologies and trends designed to change... Continue reading