Booking yearly AC maintenance is helpful.
Maintenance keeps your air conditioner system in Hurricane operating at peak performance while keeping energy needs low. It also could even help lengthen its life expectancy.
While there are a couple jobs you can do by yourself, you should hire Experts, like the ones at Teays Valley Service Experts, for AC checks and upkeep.
Here are a couple steps you can complete on your own as you prep for summer.
Get Your AC Tune-Up Scheduled
Spring is a period of revival, and to many that entails a large dose of home, garage and yard sprucing. With the warmer temperatures right around the corner, it’s also a fantastic idea to include AC checkups on that listing.
Spring is the best season to get your cooling equipment freshened and inspected. Delaying to flip it on until the first sweltering day of the summer can be a gamble. If you need a fix or replacement, you might be waiting days for an appointment. And that could get very unpleasant.
And for allergy sufferers, being one step ahead with a clean AC system will help provide the finest indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Additionally, cooling service can be a requirement for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any other extended warranty.
Can I Do Maintenance Alone?
There are procedures that you can complete to help keep your cooling system in the ultimate state:
- Put in a new air filter recommends each month or two. This is especially important if you suffer from allergies or have animals in your house.
- Lawn work near the exterior condenser. Make sure there’s no grass, weeds or bushes near your AC system. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of open room. You should also clear any leaves or branches that have collected inside your unit, as this can block airflow.
Let the Experts Manage the Rest
What’s left to finish? If you get in touch with Teays Valley Service Experts at 304-760-5088, the first thing we might do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already finished. Then our Experts start the nuts and bolts. We’ll examine your unit and make sure it’s running like it should with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to provide secure cooling.
- Oiling to keep moving parts working effortlessly and potentially avoid breakdowns.
- Flushing the condensate drain line to clear leak-creating mold and clogs.
- Straightening coil fins to stop reduced airflow.
- Cleaning the exterior coil to get rid of any blockage from dust and weeds.
- Checking controls to ensure your unit is switching on, operating and turning off properly.
- Assessing the operating temperature parameters to ensure your system has the right refrigeration charge.
If we discover troubles that require extra action, we are prepared to give you the most cost-effective option. Pinpointing possible problems promptly may solve more expensive issues later. This also offers you time to plan if your air conditioner is getting outdated.
When you are looking for a new air conditioner to help make your new equipment fit your budget. Whatever your cooling needs are, you can rest easy knowing our Experts have you covered.
Ready to schedule your checkup? Contact us at 304-760-5088 or schedule an appointment online today.