Planning regular AC maintenance is helpful.
Maintenance keeps your air conditioning system in Hurricane operating at peak performance while keeping energy needs low. It also could even help prolong its life cycle.
While there are a couple things you can do alone, you should call the Experts, like the ones at Teays Valley Service Experts, for AC examinations and upkeep.
Here are a couple steps you can complete on your own as you prep for warm weather.
Get Your AC Tune-Up Scheduled
Spring is a season of rejuvenation, and to many that entails a large dose of home, garage and yard sprucing. With the warmer temperatures right around the corner, it’s also a fantastic idea to include AC service on that listing.
Spring is the best season to get your air conditioning unit freshened and examined. Delaying to switch it on until the first sweltering day of the summer can be a gamble. If you need service or replacement, you may be waiting a long time for an appointment. And that could get very unbearable.
And for allergy sufferers, being well prepared with a clean AC system will help assure the greatest indoor air quality when it’s pollen season.
Additionally, cooling upkeep can be a requirement for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any other extended warranty.
Can I Do Service Alone?
There are methods that you can take to help keep your cooling system in the ultimate order:
- Change your air filter. Dirty filters block airflow and may reduce your equipment’s efficiency. While how often you should replace it depends on the type of filter you install, the U.S. Department of Energy recommends each month or two. This is especially important if you suffer from allergies or have animals in your residence.
- Lawn work by the outdoor condenser. Make sure there’s no grass, weeds or bushes near your AC system. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of open area. You should also get rid of any leaves or sticks that have collected inside your unit, since this can block airflow.
Let the Experts Manage the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you ring Teays Valley Service Experts at 304-760-5088, the first thing we might do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already finished. Then our Experts start the nuts and bolts. We’ll examine your unit and make sure it’s running like it should with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to provide reliable cooling.
- Greasing to keep moving parts working effortlessly and potentially avoid issues.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to remove leak-inducing mold and clogs.
- Straightening coil fins to stay clear of reduced airflow.
- Cleaning the outside coil to get rid of any blockage from dirt and grass.
- Inspecting controls to ensure your equipment is switching on, cooling and shutting off properly.
- Checking the operating temperature parameters to ensure your system has the proper refrigeration charge.
If we discover problems that require additional action, we are prepared to give you the most cost-effective option. Pinpointing likely problems promptly could solve more expensive troubles later. This also offers you time to plan if your air conditioner is getting outdated.
When you are seeking a new air conditioner, our Experts will work with you to find the ideal system for your family. We also offer financing to help make your new equipment work for your budget. Whatever your cooling needs are, you can rest easy knowing our Experts have you covered.
Ready to schedule your checkup? Call us at 304-760-5088 or schedule an appointment online today.