It’s cold outside. Much of the country is layering up for some icy temps. And while the Experts are always ready to help, we’ve got a few HVAC and plumbing honey-dos to help you avoid those cold weather emergencies.
- Disconnect all exterior water connections.
- Insulate all exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow drip in indoor sinks by outer walls can stop pipes from freezing.
- Open up kitchen and bathroom cabinets underneath sinks to keep warm air moving around pipes.
- Maintain an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those indoor heaters ready by testing them for proper operation.
- If you have vents closed in unused rooms, open them now.
- If your furnace is not functional, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give those smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick check.
Follow these quick tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then make yourself some hot cocoa. And, as always, Teays Valley Service Experts is here for you. If you have questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.