No matter what the climate outside, the temperature in your space dictates how comfortable it will seem. Find the right temp and your house will seem like a comfortable escape from it all. But if your climate control system isn’t functioning the right way, you’ll feel it. And it won’t be fun.
Take time to take an in-depth look at the manner you’re handling your home comfort system. It might make the difference between a steady system or a problematic performer. Take this quick quiz from Service Experts to see how you stack up.
- The warm season is coming up fast. How do you get your AC ready?
- Switch out the HVAC filter and dust the vents. Then it’s finished.
- Bring in the pros for a seasonal checkup.
- Not a thing. It should be fine.
- You’re hosting a get-together on a summer night, but the AC isn’t cooling your space. What do you do?
- Ask my attendees to bring chilled beverages.
- Schedule an emergency repair to get it functioning before the party starts.
- Turn on my fans and pray for a nice breeze.
- Your current HVAC is getting old. What’s your plan when it’s time for a new one?
- Allow my contractor select one and pay for it with a credit card.
- Manage worries and bills by selecting a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Go with the most intricate system available.
- When you receive your next monthly energy bill, what do you suppose you’ll discover?
- It will be a little higher. My HVAC bills have gotten expensive.
- It will be similar to the bill for the same month last year.
- I can’t know for certain until I see it. Some bills aren’t bad, but others are a surprise.
- Your HVAC system is making a strange noise. What do you do first?
- Dig out my toolbox and spend a weekend attempting to fix it.
- Bring in a professional technician to examine it.
- Don’t think about it and pray it goes away.
Now check your results. If you selected mostly Bs, your heating and cooling tendencies are helping you out. You’re taking care of your equipment and you have a plan for the future. But if you responded to any of these scenarios with As or Cs, you could make some changes to help your HVAC perform better. Keep reading to find out how.
Useful HVAC Habits to Help Protect Your Home
Set Up Seasonal Maintenance While replacing your air filter and sprucing up your vents are important tasks to help out your equipment for a new season, a professional tune-up is critical to conclude the process. During a regular maintenance visit, your pro technician will perform a series of tasks that help out the energy efficiency of your system. And while they’re there, your HVAC Expert will keep an eye out for more severe problems for your equipment. That could save you an expensive breakdown in the future.
Choose a home comfort company that offers emergency repairs. Even meticulously maintained HVAC systems can have trouble on occasion. And it always seems to happen at the least convenient times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can manage the headache and discomfort. The Service Experts Advantage Program affords that crucial service to homes at no other cost.
Make a plan for your HVAC system transition. Many HVAC systems can work for 10 to 15 years, but they won’t last forever. Create a strategy now to bypass last-minute pressure when your machine takes its last bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can be of assistance. It provides you a new high-efficiency home comfort system with no up-front expenses. And as an added bonus, the program includes free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy expenses and don’t ignore it when they greatly change. Your power bills can tell you more than your monthly costs. If you’re observing a regular escalation in your costs but no variation in home comfort, something is likely happening with your HVAC. A new high-efficiency system can provide you peace of mind with more constant energy usage—and that means fewer surprises on your bill.
Call in the pros when you notice a weird noise from your heating and cooling system. That noise is more than aggravating. It demonstrates something is amiss with your equipment. Even if it’s a seemingly small problem, left unchecked it could make for an high-priced repair down the road. Don’t try to regulate it yourself. Leave it to the pros to figure out and repair it.
Your heating and cooling system can cost you quite a lot when you don’t manage it. If you work with these tips, you could save time, added costs and irritation. And if your system just isn’t helping anymore, consider finding one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can help you get an updated energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To hear more, give us a call or schedule an appointment online. We’re happy to help!