How Do You Test for Carbon Monoxide?

There are a multitude of gases that could be within your Hurricane residence. Natural gas and gases that derive from residential fixtures, flooring and paints. Not one of them are as dangerous as carbon monoxide.

Call Teays Valley Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 304-760-5088 today to begin shielding your family against this harmful gas.

Why is Carbon Monoxide so Deadly?

Carbon monoxide might be a major concern, so it’s not a situation to take lightly.

1. You Can’t See It

Carbon monoxide is dangerous because you aren’t able to view it, detect it with your nose or recognize it with your taste buds. It’s nonirritating in small amounts and can’t be filtrated.

2. It Can Be Lethal in Just a Few Minutes

Carbon monoxide is a result of used fuel. It can creep into your residence during the heating season if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace fails. Depending on how big the leak is and the ventilation in a residence, it may become lethal in just a few minutes.

Once taken in, carbon monoxide has a half-life of approximately five hours. If you are breathing fresh air, it will take five hours to get it out of your body. You will need an additional five hours to reduce that concentration by half.

3. Carbon Monoxide Symptoms Can Act Like Other Illnesses

It may also mirror conditions that can be misdiagnosed as the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other illnesses.

How to Guard Your Home from Carbon Monoxide

There’s no justification to take a chance with carbon monoxide poisoning.

Here are three things you can complete to keep your home safe:

  1. Each house with at least one natural gas furnace, connected garage or fireplace should have a carbon monoxide alarm. You should have a sensor on each level of your home, including the basement and garage. You also should install one inside or outside of all bedrooms. Don’t use a carbon monoxide detector in your house?
    Call Teays Valley Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 304-760-5088 to purchase one. Ask our specialists about our economical Wi-Fi carbon monoxide detectors.
  2. If you presently have a carbon monoxide system, regularly look at or put in new batteries. You should check batteries every three months, and get a new system every three to five years.
  3. If your carbon monoxide alarm goes off, exit your residence without delay and call 911.

Protect Your Family with Help from Teays Valley Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning

Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be frightening, and with the recommended actions your loved ones can be guarded from the dangerous gas. Take the necessary steps and call Teays Valley Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 304-760-5088 to learn more.


Our Health and Safety Commitment
At Service Experts, our top priority is always the health and safety of our customers and team. We are following all COVID-19 (Coronavirus) public safety guidelines and adjusting our business practices as needed to ensure customer and employee wellbeing. As a precautionary measure, anyone working on behalf of Service Experts – including our technicians – is being asked to stay home for the recommended 14 day quarantine period if they are returning from out-of-country, have been exposed to a presumptive or confirmed case, or are feeling unwell. We are providing our technicians and other field employees with additional health and safety guidance to assist in keeping our customers and employees safe. Please be prepared to answer brief health and safety questions with our representative. We will continue to monitor the situation and will adjust our business practices as required. We recognize that this may be a particularly stressful time and want you to know that, we are committed to serving you and making your experience as easy as possible.