Imagine it’s a sweltering hot summer day, and your AC unit suddenly goes out. You start calling around looking for emergency AC repair, but the temperature keeps getting hotter and hotter while you wait for a technician to arrive. What a nightmare!
Routine air conditioner maintenance is the key to preventing this problem. But how can you tell when it’s time for a maintenance call? And, is it really worth setting up an appointment if your air conditioner doesn’t seem like it has any issues? Find out why taking a proactive philosophy is the secret to keeping you and your AC unit cool and comfortable.
How Often Should You Service Your AC?
To keep your air conditioner working efficiently, HVAC specialists strongly suggest servicing it at least once a year. Annual cooling maintenance ensures your AC unit remains in optimal condition, protecting against potential issues and extending its life span.
As for which month on the calendar is best to schedule air conditioner maintenance, spring is the preferred season. This enables you to identify and repair developing issues before the summer heat arrives, ensuring your air conditioning runs smoothly during the hot summer months.
However, if spring is already in the rearview mirror, and you never got around to scheduling AC service, don’t wait another year. When it comes to making the most out of cooling efficiency with preventive maintenance, it’s better to give your system a checkup whenever you can.
What Does AC Service Entail?
An air conditioner tune-up is a detailed process involving several steps. This is why DIY servicing is not advisable. Here are some key elements of the work performed during a routine service appointment:
- Careful inspection: The technician looks over your AC unit for potential issues53 or areas requiring attention.
- Cleaning: The technician uses specialized tools and proven techniques to clean the condenser coil, evaporator coil, condensate drain line and other elements to make sure your system runs efficiently.
- Lubrication and tightening: Moving parts are lubricated to reduce friction and counter wear and tear. Then, electrical connections are tightened to encourage safe equipment operation.
- Filter replacement: Switching out the filter increases air quality and helps the unit run in a more efficient manner. HVAC professionals suggest doing this in your own system every few months to maintain proper airflow.
- System test: Before deeming the job complete, your service Expert will run a test cycle to make sure the system starts, operates and shuts down correctly.
Benefits of Routine Air Conditioner Service
Many individuals wonder if routine maintenance is worth the effort. The fact is, routine air conditioner tune-ups promote better performance and home comfort. Some key benefits include:
- Increased energy efficiency: A well-maintained AC unit uses less power to keep your home cool, which translates into lower utility costs and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Lower repair costs: It’s simple to spot potential issues early when a technician diligently inspects your air conditioning every spring. A relatively small repair, like replacing a fraying fan belt, helps you avoid expensive and inconvenient breakdowns later in the season.
- Higher air quality: A clean air conditioning system promotes better air circulation and fewer airborne allergens for a healthier living environment.
- Extended equipment life: Like getting routine oil changes to help your car run longer, routine AC service extends the life of your air conditioner, saving you on untimely replacement costs.
How Much Does AC Service Cost?
Routine maintenance isn’t a free service, but you should see it as an investment, not an unnecessary expense. After all, regular servicing helps you save on utility bills, emergency repairs or system replacements.
To increase your savings, give some thought to enrolling in a maintenance plan from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. For just one low monthly fee, you’ll decrease the risk of breakdowns and enhance energy efficiency for ongoing savings. Choose from three different plans to meet your needs and spending plan. You’ll experience several advantages no matter which one you choose, including:
- Regular tune-ups: Our maintenance plans include annual AC tune-ups, ensuring your system remains in peak condition.
- Priority service: Members go to the front of the line when setting up appointments, even during peak call volumes.
- Discounts: Save 15% on repairs and services, as well as other discounts on new equipment.
- Repair guarantee: For your assurance, we guarantee the quality of our repairs for one year.
Schedule Air Conditioner Service in North America
Certainly, regular AC maintenance is very important for enhancing performance and ensuring home comfort. Schedule an annual visit, ideally in the spring, to prevent breakdowns and savor numerous other benefits of a well-maintained air conditioner.
As for choosing a company to perform the work, Service Experts has long been the top choice, with skilled professionals, wide-ranging maintenance plans and a dedication to customer satisfaction. Entrust air conditioner maintenance to the Experts, and you’ll keep your property cool and comfortable during even the hottest months. To learn more or set up your next AC tune-up, please contact a Service Experts office near you today.