As far as energy-efficient HVAC installation in Hurricane, there’s good news for your family this tax period.
The Residential Energy Efficient Property Credit has been lengthened through 2020. This can qualify you for incentives for energy-efficient home improvements, like modern heating and cooling units, water heaters and heat pumps.
What Are the Eligibility Requirements?
To become eligible for the incentive, the house must be the taxpayer’s chief home in the USA. The improvement needs to work for five years or more, with the first use starting with the homeowner.
What Varieties of Enhancements are Regarded as High-Efficiency Renovations?
Typically, this tax reduction equals 10% of the price of the following energy-saving changes that meet specific ENERGY STAR® guidelines:
- Advanced main air-circulating fans
- Energy-efficient gas, propane or oil furnaces
- Energy-efficient gas, propane or oil hot water boilers
- Energy-efficient heat pumps
- Energy-efficient water heaters
- Energy-efficient central air conditioners
- Certain metal and asphalt roofing
- Certain exterior storm windows, skylights and storm doors
- Solar/geothermal energy equipment, such as solar electricity, solar water heaters and geothermal heat pumps
Am I Limited to Claiming a Certain Amount?
Yes, there’s a lifetime max credit of $500 per home. This means if you have used this incentive in past years, you are required to decrease any credit you previously claimed.
If you’ve already claimed the max amount, you won’t qualify for any extra credits through this expansion.
Credit Maximums for Particular Items
Incentives have a limit for some eligible items:
- Windows and skylights—$200
- Advanced main air circulation—$50
- Hot water boilers—$150
- Energy-efficient units—$300
If you have questions about how you can benefit from the extension of the residential energy efficient property tax credit, download Form 5695 or contact your tax advisor for assistance.
Upgrade Your Heating and Cooling Equipment Today
Been procrastinating installing new heating and cooling system? Call the Experts at 304-760-5088 or contact us online. We can help you select an energy-efficient system you can get tax benefits from the next year.