Air conditioners don’t last forever, despite the brand or quality. If you’re getting ready for air conditioning replacement in Hurricane, you may be considering—should you also request furnace replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are some points to think about, plus the pluses of staying away from a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Points to Ask When Considering Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the top questions to answer in advance of making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can last up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, we advise replacing it along with your air conditioner. If it was installed earlier than this, you can probably delay it.
- What model of air conditioner are you installing? Many homeowners are swapping out their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This uses less energy and maximizes comfort by running at varying speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to disperse air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to install a new one to get the complete comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give the appropriate air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the proper amount of air to keep your house comfy. A modern air conditioner might call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s critical your furnace is correctly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from Teays Valley Service Experts, can determine that static pressure of your system and give the proper suggestion.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your budget if you get new components at the same time.
Why You Should Install a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner are compatible and are adequately sized, there aren’t usually any major immediate consequences. A mismatched setup is typically temporary until the other system goes out. You can avoid the temporary fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. And, you’ll reap these advantages:
- Enhanced efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything runs at the best efficiency, making your home comfier and reducing your monthly utility expenses.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you install a new AC but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could stop working for good. Meanwhile, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have paid for a new furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can save on labor by having both installed at once. And you may even qualify for an exclusive deal as you’re installing new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to replace your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can trust Teays Valley Service Experts. We get the cost of replacing your complete system can concern you, so we’ll make your investment economical through special discounts or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency system at no money down and just one low monthly expense. And all maintenance and repairs later on are taken care of!*
Rest assured that our team is highly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to provide a job well done. Plus, we include a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 304-760-5088 to request an HVAC installation estimate right away!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.