Benefits of Annual Furnace Maintenance
As the temperature dips and you find yourself reaching for the thermostat more often, you should also reach for your phone to arrange annual furnace maintenance. Ensuring your furnace is at its best this winter boosts your comfort, safety and peace of mind all season long.
Here’s more about what this crucial preventive task entails and why you shouldn’t neglect it.
What Does Furnace Maintenance Involve?
A maintenance call is a reliable way to get your heating system up to par. Although the exact tasks depend on the type and age of your furnace, you can generally expect your technician to do the following:
- Examine and clean the burner: Over the years, dirt and debris can clog the burner, affecting its performance. Cleaning it restores the best possible heat transfer.
- Test the gas valves: Confirming these valves are totally open and working properly is crucial for safe furnace operation.
- Examine the heat exchanger: A cracked heat exchanger can cause carbon monoxide leaks, so it’s crucial to make sure no cracks are present.
- Evaluate and tighten electrical elements: Loose connections can make your furnace dangerous and inefficient. Thankfully, tightening them is a fast and straightforward job.
- Clean the blower: A grimy blower affects your furnace’s ability to circulate warm air through your home. Cleaning and balancing the fan assures the best airflow.
- Change the air filter: Clean air filters enable proper airflow throughout your system, which is why you should always replace a dirt-filled air filter in your furnace. Installing a fresh, new air filter also increases indoor air quality if you install an efficient enough filtration system.
Reasons to Schedule Annual Furnace Maintenance
If your furnace looks like it is running fine, is it still useful to set up a maintenance appointment? Consider these four reasons why the answer is a resounding “yes”:
- Decrease mid-season malfunctions: There are few more disheartening ways to start the day than waking up on a freezing winter morning to find your furnace has stopped working. Mid-season breakdowns are aggravating and can leave you scrambling to find a quick fix. Annual furnace maintenance reduces the likelihood of unexpected problems because your technician examines every part of your system, catching minor issues before they escalate into costly repairs.
- Reduced repair costs: It’s a simple equation—the quicker you find a problem, the less expensive it is to fix. By investing in affordable, planned maintenance visits, you can avoid expensive, inconvenient repairs, keeping more money in your pocket.
- Increase your furnace’s life expectancy: Like a well-maintained car, a furnace that receives regular tune-ups will most likely last longer than a neglected heating system. Annual maintenance saves you the expense of premature furnace replacement by adding years to your system’s life span.
- Increase energy efficiency: A well-maintained heating system operates more efficiently. When all the parts are clean and in good working order, your system doesn’t have to work as hard to keep your household comfortable. This reduces your power bills and diminishes your environmental impact.
- Enhance indoor air quality: Polluted indoor air aggravates allergies and respiratory problems. The air filter in your furnace collects dust, pollen and other airborne particles to reduce these problems. During a maintenance visit, the technician will change the air filter at your request, ensuring cleaner air flows through your home.
- Promotes safety: A failing furnace is not only inefficient, it also could be dangerous. Cracked heat exchangers or broken gas valves can produce harmful carbon monoxide leaks. Knowing your system has been examined for anything that could be dangerous should give you a sense of comfort this winter.
What Time of Year Should You Set up Your Maintenance Visit?
To experience the most benefits, it’s best to schedule annual furnace maintenance in the fall before winter’s chill gets to your area. This ensures that any issues are resolved before you have to call heavily on your heating system.
Do-It-Yourself Furnace Maintenance Between Appointments
Though professional maintenance is vital, you can complete several tasks yourself so that your furnace runs smoothly between visits:
- Switch out the air filter every 30 to 90 days to optimize airflow.
- Keep all return and supply registers open and free of obstructions for system balance.
- Vacuum the exterior of the furnace with the brush attachment to make sure it stays clean.
Choose Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing for Furnace Maintenance in the U.S.
If it’s time for your next furnace maintenance appointment, Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing is a name you can count on. Our ACE-certified technicians provide fast, long-lasting answers to all your heating and cooling problems. We’re proud to deliver solutions to everyone we can and strive to make a big difference in your everyday life and sense of comfort. We even provide a 100% satisfaction guarantee so you can feel even more comfortable. To set your heating system up for success this winter, call 866-397-3787 today to schedule furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing.
How to Choose a Good HVAC System
When considering keeping your home comfortable during every season, nothing is more essential than selecting the right heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system. This determination impacts your daily comfort, monthly utility bills and overall home efficiency. Then again, with so many... Continue reading
Year-End HVAC Maintenance List
Now that the air starts to get cold, you know it’s time to get your home ready for the cooler months ahead. Your heating system is key to maintaining a cozy, warm atmosphere. A well-maintained furnace provides the comfort you crave while using less energy. Scheduled inspections also make your... Continue reading
HVAC Trends: What’s New in 2024
In the continuously changing world of home HVAC, keeping up with the newest HVAC trends is imperative for homeowners seeking to enhance their home’s comfort and efficiency. Going into 2024, the HVAC industry continues to innovate, bringing cutting-edge technologies and trends designed to change... Continue reading