When you turn the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you anticipate clean, healthy water to flow out. But even if the water appears clear, it may still contain toxic chemicals that present a risk to your family’s health and safety. Plenty of people do not like the taste of tainted tap water and recognize the risk of drinking it. That’s why half of all American families have either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to guarantee they have safe drinking water nearby.
If you want to protect your family’s well-being, you might first consider going the bottled water plan. Unfortunately, this gets expensive soon. In addition, plastic water bottles that aren't recycled end up contaminating the world’s waterways, disrupting the environment and killing marine life.
Installing a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-effective and healthier for the environment than using so much bottled water. It may also provide healthier water more easily because you can get it directly from the tap. What's more, whole-house systems supply purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing appliances, helping you to make the most of the benefits anywhere you use water at home.
Before installing a whole-house water filtration system, find out what’s in your drinking water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can eliminate harmful contaminants. Then, choose Teays Valley Service Experts to help you find and install the ideal water filter for you.
What’s in Your Drinking Water?
Water quality fluctuates by location, but a few of the most prevalent contaminants are:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what could be in your water supply by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG files show that over 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, demonstrating that legal water quality levels may not be necessarily safe.
Consider Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter filters out dirt, debris and harmful chemicals from your tap water, furnishing you and your family with safe, healthy water to drink. Here are the perks of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a common sign of sediment in your drinking water. Comprised of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment is abundant and increases in the water main after heavy rains. While largely harmless, sediment can make your drinking water look and taste unpleasant. Filtermax includes sediment filtration to remove solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is vital to clean drinking water in urban settings. Sadly, this disinfectant also adds harmful chemical byproducts when it reacts with naturally occurring organic and inorganic substances in the water. Some DPBs, like trihalomethanes (THMs), are shown to cause cancer. Filtermax eliminates these carcinogens to keep your family safe.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Providing safe tap water is the goal of adding putting in any water filtration solution. Besides being cleaner for your family to drink, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more lasting metallic or musty smells. No more earthy or chlorine flavor. No more cloudy water swirling around your kitchen sink. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water to every tap: Hazardous chemicals don’t just threaten you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin during a shower and cling to your clothing and dishes when you clean them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so beneficial because it provides clean water from every tap.
- No operating costs or wasted water: Some whole-house filtration systems raise your electric bills. Others increase your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax proves that safe, clean water doesn’t have to bring bigger utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Depending on your plumbing system’s configuration, you may need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor contains both designs to cater to your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is the best warranty in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you can be sure your investment will continue providing clean, quality drinking water for a very long time.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Teays Valley Service Experts, we install different types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, such as the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re looking to scale back water hardness, clear out bacteria or take care of dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the best system for you from Excalibur. Installation is quick, simple and backed by our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Get in contact with your local Teays Valley Service Experts office for help finding a water filtration system that matches your needs and budget.