Your HVAC system is essential to home comfort and high air quality. The furnace and air conditioner work around the clock in the background, heating, cooling, controlling the humidity and filtering your indoor air. Lots of homeowners take these functions for granted until they have to do without them. If your air conditioning has ever malfunctioned on a scorching summer day, or the furnace can't generate enough heat during a blizzard, you can understand what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner likes to deal with last minute repairs, a spike in energy bills or problems with their sense of comfort. What if you had a way to maintain an uninterrupted source of healthy, climate controlled air when you need it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes into play. Like obtaining an oil change for your car, consistent tune-ups are essential for keeping your HVAC system in good shape. And to get every benefit from each maintenance visit, you should consider signing up for an HVAC maintenance contract.
This contract is an arrangement between you and a trusted HVAC contractor. Membership takes the guesswork out of HVAC service by providing routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled appointments and other perks. An HVAC maintenance contract isn't mandatory to ask for tune-ups with Teays Valley Service Experts, but we highly endorse enrolling. Here are six reasons why.
1. Automated Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets busier, so people often forget about scheduling furnace maintenance for the fall and air conditioning maintenance before the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll be sent friendly reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re not sure why HVAC maintenance is so important, consider these benefits:
- Reveal small problems early on: Issues with your heating and cooling usually form little by little. When a technician examines the internal components each year, it’s possible to find and resolve small problems before they become big headaches.
- Decrease the risk of breakdowns: By fixing that loose fan belt and evening out the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance call, the chance of an unexpected breakdown diminishes.
- Smaller repair costs: Routine HVAC maintenance is an affordable, expected cost that eliminates the need for numerous major repairs.
- Improve energy efficiency: The Department of Energy estimates that yearly maintenance can increase HVAC efficiency by as high as 30%, reducing your heating and cooling bills simultaneously.
- Boost home comfort: When your HVAC system operates the way it should, airflow improves for consistent temperatures and more balanced humidity in every room.
- Prolong the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can last years longer versus a neglected one, saving you on untimely replacement expenses.
- Ensure safety: An equipment and safety assessment during each visit delivers peace of mind that your HVAC system is performing like it's supposed to.
- Adhere to your warranty: The majority of HVAC manufacturers prioritize preventive maintenance so much that they necessitate annual tune-ups to keep your warranty active. Investing a little in upkeep now safeguards you from costly repairs that your warranty would otherwise cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance contract puts you at the front of the line when you request an emergency repair. You can often expect same-day service—even for nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Planning on replacing your home comfort system? An HVAC agreement allows access to the quickest installs available, even during the busiest weeks.
4. Discounted Repairs and Services
Preventive maintenance lowers the need for repair work, but if your system needs some professional attention, having an HVAC maintenance contract provides a 15% discount. You’ll also have access to 15% off indoor air quality products, including pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
Heating and cooling repairs are occasionally necessary, but they can get costly fast. Luckily, with an HVAC maintenance plan, you’ll never pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour visits.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you ensure the technician has executed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the final product leave you dissatisfied, the technician will return to correct things.
Enroll in an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Teays Valley Service Experts offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Take a look at what each plan offers and get in touch with our staff to help you choose the ideal plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to answer any questions you have before enrolling. For more information about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to schedule a tune-up, please contact your local Teays Valley Service Experts office today.