Whole-Home Generators Keep You Out of the Dark
We’ve all been there: a storm is barreling toward your home and you’re watching the weather channel to decide if you should seek shelter underground. As soon as the weather alert starts, everything powers down. The TV flashes off, your electricity goes out, and now you’re using your flashlight to finish up some work or light up a board game or puzzle while you try to keep your kids calm.
But what if there was another way? Ditch the flashlights, candles and camping lanterns. Instead, what if your food didn’t spoil, your lights never went out, and access to the news wasn’t interrupted?
It’s all possible with a whole-house generator. And it’s all automatic! You don’t have to fumble around in the dark to find your backup power – with a whole-home generator from Teays Valley Service Experts your power will come back on within a matter of seconds on its own.
How Does a Whole-Home Generator Work?
Even if you are not home, the generator will kick on and your HVAC system will keep running to keep anyone at home, including pets, safe and comfy.
Other reasons to look into investing in a whole-home generator:
- You intend to have access to means of communication during a storm or other emergency situation.
- It’s against the law to connect a generator to an electric system with a transfer switch.
- Storing natural gas can be dangerous – with a home backup generator you can use your existing supply natural gas or LP fuel.
- If you work from home and the power goes out, you may have to use your paid time off or take a day with no pay since you can’t get any work done.
- Extension cords can be annoying and even dangerous, especially in a storm. A backup home generator from Teays Valley Service Experts safely draws power from your home’s electrical panel.
- It’s not just convenient to have access to electricity after a power outage; it’s also important for health and safety. CPAPs, refrigerated medications and stair lifts without access to power can result in major health or safety concerns.
Why Choose Teays Valley Service Experts for Generator Installation?
When you trust Teays Valley Service Experts to complete your whole-home generator installation project, you’ll enjoy Expert service designed to offer maximum benefits from the start. We’ll make sure to recommend the perfect size of generator, which should be consistent with the number of utilities and/or appliances you want to provide power for. And if something breaks or needs routine maintenance, our technicians will hurry over to determine the best possible solution.
As always, everyone at Teays Valley Service Experts is ready to help 24/7/365. After all, most power outages don’t happen at times that work best for you.
To find out more about whole-home generators and decide if investing in one is a good decision for your family, call Teays Valley Service Experts today at 304-760-5088.