Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s made by partial fuel combustion usually caused by a lack of oxygen. In your residence, appliances that rely on natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are susceptible. Especially if they are not working correctly or have been installed improperly.
Vehicle exhaust fumes from neighboring garages, as well as malfunctioning fireplaces may also produce carbon monoxide. CO is toxic to the body and is fatal at heightened levels or with prolonged exposure.