What is carbon monoxide?

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s produced by partial fuel combustion usually caused by a lack of oxygen. In your house, appliances that rely on natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are vulnerable. Especially if they are not working correctly or have been installed improperly.

Vehicle exhaust fumes from neighboring garages, as well as poorly operating fireplaces may also be a carbon monoxide source. CO is toxic to the body and is fatal at heightened levels or with extended exposure.

chat now widget box