End Expensive Water Leaks in Your Hurricane Home
The typical home loses 2,000 to 20,000 gallons of water each year as a result of leaks, according to the Alliance for Water Efficiency.
Dripping faucets and leaky water heaters aren’t difficult to find. But other leaks like toilet flapper valves or cracked water supply lines can go undetected for too long.
A water leak can be costly. You’re paying for extra water you don’t want, and leaks can be catastrophic to your home.
That’s why it’s important to locate and stop the slightest leaks.
Teays Valley Service Experts is here to help you achieve just that. We have the expertise for Expert leak detection and water line repair in Hurricane.
6 Signs You Might Have a Plumbing Leak
Finding and fixing leaks are the most popular calls we receive for plumbing services. Finding a leak immediately can help you avoid pricey water damage. Some leaks may be harder to find than others, but there are a few telltale signs that you need to call a plumber in Hurricane. Here are the top six:
- Your water bill is more expensive than normal.
- Your pipes frequently make thumping sounds.
- There are reddish stains in your toilet, or your water is reddish.
- Floors or walls appear damp or soft.
- You see water stains on the ceiling or walls.
- There’s moist soil or erosion near your residence’s foundation.
How to Figure Out if You Have a Leak
If you think you have a leak but can’t find the signs, check your water meter:
- Ensure no water is being used inside or outside your home.
- Look at the leak indicator on your water meter. The indicator is usually a triangular dial or miniature silver circle. If the dial is spinning, you likely have a leak.
We can track down the origin of the leak and get it repaired before you spend more money or by chance damage your home.
Common Places for Water Leaks
With all the locations water is used in your home, there are a lot of places you could uncover a leak.
Leaks can be caused by broken seals around water connectors, corroded pipes, clogs and more.
They usually occur:
- On water supply lines and connections below the kitchen sink
- In washing machines, particularly ones that are getting old
- In hot- and cold-water hoses plugged into your washing machine
If you see proof of a leak, we can get things back to normal. Plus, we endorse all of our work with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Talk with us at 304-760-5088 or book an appointment online.