Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in Hurricane
You might not think about your sump pump until it rains hard. Then you hope it’s draining correctly so your Hurricane basement doesn’t sustain water damage.
Sump pumps can stop running for several different reasons.
We’ve witnessed it all. If your pump isn’t running correctly, contact the Experts at Teays Valley Service Experts to fix the problem.
We’ll take a look at your pump during our visit and provide you with preventive maintenance suggestions, so it won’t quit when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can cease running for a few different reasons:
- No power
- Irregular maintenance
- Wrong unit size
- Incorrect installation
- Switch trouble
- Frozen or blocked discharge lines
- Age (average life span is 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few quick things you can do to verify your sump pump is primed for efficiency.
- Make sure the cord is in good shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in case of power surges.
- Ensure the pump is upright and not tilting to one side, since this can trigger the pump to not run when needed.
- If the pump hasn’t recently run, dump a bucket of water into the pit to verify the pump turns on and pulls out the water rapidly.
- During arid weather, remove the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can draw small stones into the grate over time.
- Check the discharge pipe’s vent hole is free of obstructions.
Trust Teays Valley Service Experts for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a method of safeguard to shield your home from water damage, look to the professionals at Teays Valley Service Experts to ensure yours is taking care of business.
We’ve got the skill—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are supported by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Give us a call at 304-760-5088 or request an appointment online.