We’ve all been there: a storm is on top of your home and you’re watching the news station to figure out if you should seek shelter underground. Right as the warning starts, everything goes pitch-black. The television flashes off, your electricity is out, and now you’re using your flashlight to read a book or light up a board game or puzzle while you try to keep your family calm.
But did you know there’s another way? Ditch the flashlights, candles and camping lanterns. Instead, what if your HVAC system stayed on, your lights never went out, and access to the news wasn’t interrupted?
It’s absolutely possible with a whole-house generator. That’s right – a whole-house generator from Teays Valley Service Experts can eliminate the stress of incoming storms, floods, crews messing with electricity lines and anything else that causes the power to go out. The best part? It’s automatic! No need to stagger around in pitch-black darkness to find your emergency power – with a whole-home generator from Teays Valley Service Experts your power will be back on within a few seconds without any effort from you.
How Does a Whole-Home Generator Work?
Even if you aren’t home, the generator will start up and your heating and cooling system will keep operating to keep anyone at home, as well as pets, comfortable.
Other reasons to think about investing in a whole-home generator:
- You want access to means of communication during a storm or other emergency problem.
- It’s unlawful to hook up a generator to an electric system using a transfer switch.
- It can be hazardous storing natural gas – with a home backup generator you can use your current supply natural gas or LP fuel.
- If you work from home and the power goes out, you might have to use your PTO or take an unpaid day since you can’t get any work done.
- Extension cords can be in the way and even unsafe, especially in a flood. A backup home generator from Teays Valley Service Experts safely uses power from your home’s electrical panel.
- It’s not just convenient to have continuous electricity after an electricity outage; it’s also important for health and safety. Oxygen machines, refrigerated medications and lift chairs without access to power can result in severe health or safety concerns.
Why Choose Teays Valley Service Experts for Generator Installation?
When you trust Teays Valley Service Experts to handle your whole-home generator installation project, you’ll receive Expert service designed to offer maximum benefits from the very beginning. We’ll make sure to recommend the perfect size of generator, which should be consistent with the number of utilities and/or appliances you want to ensure power for. And if something breaks or needs preventive maintenance, our technicians will hurry over to determine the best possible solution.
As always, everyone at Teays Valley Service Experts is here for you around the clock. After all, most power outages don’t happen at times that work best for you.
To find out more about whole-home generators and why you should get one for your home, call Teays Valley Service Experts today at 304-760-5088.